9 Crazy Kissing Facts | Best Leather-Band Watches For Him
9 Crazy Kissing Facts You Won’t Believe
To kiss or not to kiss?
Everyone loves a good smooch, but even a kiss can be hiding a few secrets. Like, do you know why “XOXO” means kisses and hugs? Or just how much bacteria is spread from lover to lover during one kissing session… (Just an FYI: You might not like the answer…) Kisses are one of the life’s great joys, but there are some things about them that are legitimately strange. Want to hear our list of the strangest? Here we go!
Do You Know These 9 Kissing Facts?
- A woman in China partially lost her hearing after her boyfriend reportedly ruptured her eardrum with a passionate kiss. Apparently, the kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out, and caused the breakdown of the ear.
- Scholars are unsure if kissing is a learned or instinctual behavior. In some cultures in Africa and Asia, kissing does not seem to be practiced.
- The mouth is full of bacteria. When two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria. (Yikes!)
- Kissing is good for teeth. The anticipation of a kiss increases the flow of saliva to the mouth, giving the teeth a plaque-dispersing bath.
- The Kama (desire) Sutra (type of verse) lists over 30 types of kisses, such as “fighting of the tongue.”
- Pliny asserts that kissing a donkey’s nostril will cure the common cold.
- Under the Hays Code (1930-1968), people kissing in American films could no longer be horizontal; at least one had to be sitting or standing, not lying down. In addition, all on-screen married couples slept in twin beds, and if kissing on one of the beds occurred, at least one of the spouses had to have a foot on the floor.
- Our brains have special neurons that help us find each other's lips in the dark.
- “X”s at the end of a correspondence letter represent the contact of the lips during a kiss.
What's In a Kiss?
A kiss can have so many meanings, but it’s not the only way to show affection. What’s another great way to show our love? Gifts, of course!
And with Father’s Day nearly here, we’ve got a wonderful opportunity to show Dad the affection he deserves! What better way to celebrate the day than with a great deal on a beautiful engraved watch?