7 Facts About Men You Never Knew | Best Wooden Watches For Dad
7 Facts About Men You Never Knew
It’s no secret that men and women think differently, but it turns out that even science agrees. Who knew that men’s brains light up in completely different ways than women’s when they’re focusing on a task? And have you ever wondered why in the world we say that men are from Mars? Well, today we’re bringing you some fresh insight into how the other half lives.
Here are a few manly facts to get you pumped up for Father’s Day:
- The brains of adult men are about 10% larger in total size than the brains of women. Because men generally have a larger stature and more muscle mass than women, their brains require more neurons to control the body.
- The “Adam’s apple,” or laryngeal prominence in the neck, is a feature primarily unique to adult men and is a result of the growth of the larynx during puberty. The term is derived from the Biblical account of Adam eating the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden.
- Approximately 56% of boy babies born in the U.S. are circumcised at birth, representing a decline of 20% since 1950. Worldwide, approximately one-third of men have been circumcised.
- While men currently represent an even 50% of the U.S. workforce, they account for 94% of all on-the-job fatalities.
- Prior to the 1900s, male nurses were far more common than female nurses in nearly every country in the world.
- Scientists have discovered than men's and women’s brains actually function somewhat differently. When focused on a task, men tend to use only one side of their brain at a time, devoting all of their attention and concentration to the task at hand. Women, on the other hand, tend to use both sides of the brain at the same time, making them more adept at "multitasking.”
- The biological symbol for the male sex, a circle with a small arrow protruding from it, is also the symbol for the planet Mars. The two components of the symbol are designed to represent the shield and spear of Mars, the Roman god of war.
So that’s why they say men are from Mars. Of course, some of our favorite men are the ones that brought us into the world. With Father’s Day coming up fast, now’s the perfect time to pick out a gift that will make his day awesome.