Careers at Treehut
At Treehut, we help people celebrate life’s most cherished moments in a way that is unique and personalized. We are inspired every day by our customers. We work hard, as a team, to deliver the very best for them.
We’re growing our team. If you pride yourself on delivering excellent results, collaborating well with teammates, and embracing adventure, then check out our current openings below, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how you could help.See All Opportunities
The Treehut team is like a family to me. I started when there were just three employees, and now I manage a team that produces and ships hundreds of orders each day. I’m so grateful for everything I’m learning here.
- Nicole, Treehut
We are seeking an experienced Creative Director to join our team. The role reports to the CEO and works closely with Marketing and across the company.
- Manage the creative process from concept to completion on multi-platform digital campaigns
- Translate marketing objectives into clear creative strategies
- Lead and direct the creative team in the production of all marketing collateral
- Work closely with marketing, merchandising and graphic designer
- Ensure visual communication and brand standards are met
- Oversee deliverables, timelines and budgets
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams
Desired skills and experience:
- Extensive creative experience with digital production of videos and photos
- Understand fashion accessory brands
- Social influencer (especially Instagram)
- An intimate understanding of design, copy and web best practices/guidelines
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud (especially Photoshop, InDesign, Flash)
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- At least five years’ professional experience in a creative/design role
- Experience managing creative professionals
Social Media Specialist
We are seeking an experienced Social Media Specialist to join our Marketing team. If you’re addicted to Instagram and understand the platform inside and out, you might be the perfect candidate. This role will help drive the social strategy across Treehut’s social channels, actively engaging with the community and working cross-functionally to provide support for campaigns and launches. The role is a part of marketing but will rely on close collaboration across the company.
- Build social following and increase community engagement across the main social channels
- Provide strategic social input and support on new product launches and promotions
- Regularly track, monitor, and optimize performance of campaigns and accounts
- Creatives: participate in the development of marketing assets such as promotional videos, social media content, blog content, and more
- 2+ years experience directly managing social media accounts and building a social presence for a consumer brand
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong written and graphic communication skills, with the ability to communicate brand values
- Organized, collaborative, and efficient
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience
Photographer and Retoucher
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Photographer and Retoucher to join our team. The role reports to the Creative Director and works closely with Marketing.
- Produce imagery that embodies and amplifies the Treehut brand
- Photograph our products in-studio and on location for ecommerce and editorial use
- Set direction for photo shoots in collaboration with Creative Director and stylists
- Retouch digital imagery for use across ecommerce, social media and marketing campaigns
- Manage the photo studio as well as in-house equipment to help keep things in tip-top shape
- Benchmark against competitors and other brands with similar brand ethos and design
- Provide opinions on other creative and marketing activities: campaigns, events, etc
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience shooting and retouching product photographs both in-studio and on location
- Experience styling and lighting photo shoots
- Skilled at translating marketing vision and stories into compelling, on-brand photographs
- Photography experience in a corporate environment
- Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- E-commerce and startup experience a plus
Meet the Founders
Julia has a love of adventure inspired by her travels- she has visited over 30 countries and lived in three. When not imagining new product lines for Treehut, she loves to browse flea markets for small treasures. A UCLA grad, Julia now calls foggy San Francisco her home and wouldn’t have it any other way.
COO and Co-founder
Johannon was born and raised in California and went to school at UC Davis. An outdoor enthusiast, Joh can be found snowboarding in the winter and dirt bike riding year round. With a keen eye for design, Joh personally approves the look and feel of each new Treehut product before its launch.
Future Treehut CEO
Bruce is a San Francisco native. He loves airplanes, bananas, and giving high fives. A frequent visitor to the Treehut office, Bruce currently spends much of his time in daycare undergoing intensive potty training.
Cha Cha is an affectionate tripod yorkie. He presides over many Treehut meetings and loves sharing a chair with the CEO. Following in her mom’s educated footsteps, Cha Cha graduated at the top of her class from “small dog school” at the local SPCA.
Why Work At Treehut?
Dynamic, female-led startup
High-performing team members
Competitive salary and 401(k)
San Francisco downtown location
We welcome enthusiastic, committed employees who perform at a high level. In your application, please let us know why you’re interested in working at Treehut and what qualities and characteristics will make you successful here. We look forward to hearing from you.