8 Fun Facts About Fall | Wooden Accessories For Fall Season
Fall is finally here, and you know what that means... It’s officially sweater weather! We can’t wait for those lush autumn colors and delicious harvest foods, but we’re even more excited that Fall beauty doesn’t have to stop with nature. Fall is when we reach for warm, natural styles (wooden watches, anyone?), and in honor of our favorite season, we’ve got a few colorful Fall facts that are sure to get you as excited about autumn as we are!
7 Colorful Fun Facts About Fall
- During the fall, leaves stop producing chlorophyll, the green pigment that helps capture sunlight to power photosynthesis. As the green fades, the leave’s other pigments shine through, such as orange and yellow carotenoids and vibrant red anthocyanin.
- People who live on or near Earth’s equator never experience autumn.
- Researchers found that during the cooler months of autumn, men are more likely to cozy up with their sweethearts and watch romantic comedies. Feeling cold activates a yearning for warmth and comfort with others.
- While Americans typically use the word “fall,” the British use the word “autumn,” though both terms date around the 16th century. Before these terms, the period was called “harvest.”
- Autumn babies, or those born between September and November, are more likely to live to 100 than those who were born in other times of the year.
- A study in the journal Perception noted that men think women are more attractive in the cooler seasons, possibly because men’s testosterone levels rise during the fall.
- According to The Weather Channel, pumpkin by far was the most craved-for food in autumn.
The Season For Stylish
When the leaves turn and the air has that crisp bite, you know it’s time for the kind of natural accessories that make you feel warm, snug, and stylish. And don’t forget, just because summer’s over doesn’t mean you stop protecting your eyes. We’ve picked out a few pairs of sunglasses that carry all the classic beauty of the most gorgeous season.