TreeHut.co’s Hot Chocolate and Cookie Recipe To Leave Out for Santa
Everyone needs a special holiday treat in their life, especially after a night of wrapping presents until three in the morning.
Let us know in the comments below what your favorite holiday treat is!
Here are a few of Treehut.co's favorite Holiday Recipes.
These GingerBread Hot Chocolate and Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches recipes will add that extra little something.
Red Velvet Cookie Sandwiches
Don’t these look delicious?!
Yield: Makes about 19
Red Velvet Cookies
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 tsp vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp red food color (less than 1 ounce)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
3.4oz package dry instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1-2 tsp milk
Cream Cheese Icing
6 oz cream cheese
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp shortening
3-4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in egg, vanilla extract, vinegar and red food color.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, dry pudding mix and cocoa powder.
- Add milk, if needed. The dough will be thick.
- Make balls of about 1 tbsp and then flatten a bit into thick discs and place on parchment lined cookie sheet, or use a silicone baking mat. They will spread a little while they bake.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes on cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies cool, make the icing. Beat the cream cheese, butter, and shortening until smooth.
- Slowly add 3 cups of powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Add the rest of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Add water or milk until it's the right consistency.
- Once cookies are cool, make cookie sandwiches and sprinkle with sprinkles.
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
The perfect cup of hot cocoa.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 TB cocoa powder
- 3 TB mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Toppings: cinnamon, whipped cream, marshmallows
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and mix until combined.
- Bring to a light boil then pour into cups, add toppings, and serve.
But the night isn't over yet. After everyone is asleep, the presents are under the tree; there is time for an early surprise. The best, gift ever, an all wood watches from Treehut.co for that someone special.
For even more inspiration check out Treehut's Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and our website today!