36 of the Most Relatable Gilmore Girls Quotes to Engrave on Your Watch
Attention all of Stars Hallow! As of right now, you can add Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life to your Netflix queue. This is not a drill.
Amy Sherman-Palladino finally had the chance to craft the ending she'd always dreamed of for Gilmore Girls -- one that didn't leave us hanging as much as Season 7! If you don't know, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life will consist of four 90-minute episodes, each titled "Winter," "Spring," "Summer," and "Fall." The revival will be set in present-day Stars Hallow, with almost 40 of the original cast members confirmed to return...even Sparky as Paul Anka, Vanessa Marano as April, and Milo Ventimiglia as Jess!
We don't know much about the revival so far. We do know that Luke and Lorelai are still not married. We know which characters are confirmed to return, but that's about it. All we can do is fangirl and speculate!
But there is something to look forward to while we wait for the revival. On July 1st, Netflix is releasing all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls internationally. No matter where you are in the world, you'll always be in Stars Hallow. ♥
So in celebration of upcoming hours of binge-watching, we've compiled the best Gilmore Girls quotes about love, life, friends, and family. And who knows? Maybe some of these memorable quotes would make the perfect engraving for your (or your Gilmore Girls obsessed boyfriend/girlfriend's) next watch.
- "I'm afraid that once your heart's involved, it all comes out in moron." (Lorelai)
- "Relationships need verbs." (Lorelai)
- "I love you, you idiot." (Rory)
- "But marriage is not about always being happy. It's about compromise." (Emily)
- "Oh my god, he kissed me." (Rory)
- "It’s all any of us wants, to find a nice person to hang out with ‘til we drop dead." (Lorelai)
- "You jump, I jump, Jack!" (Rory)
- "It is what it is. You, me." (Jess to Rory)
- "I have liked you for some time now and I don't think this feeling is going to go away." (Lane to Zach)
- "It was a great kiss. If one of us had been a frog, it would have had some seriously impressive consequences." (Lorelai)
- "This thing we're doing here -- me, you -- I just want you know I'm in. I'm all in." (Luke to Lorelai)
- "Are you ever gonna ask me out? You flirt with me. You act like you like me." (Rory to Logan)
- "You're going to kiss me now? So incredibly predictable." (Lorelai to Luke)
- "Every relationship is just a big honking leap of faith." (Rory)
- "Mom, you've given me everything I need." (Rory)
- “I cannot do this alone, I need my mommy and I don’t care who knows it.” (Rory)
- "It's always best to tell each other major life events, so there's no awkwardness." (Emily)
- "Did you ever know that you're my hero?" (Lorelai to Rory)
- "I don't know if she ever realized the person I most wanted to be was her." (Rory)
- "Having babies doesn't mean you can't be rock and roll!" (Zack to Lane)
- "No men. Just lots and lots of Chinese food." (Paris)
- "It's my responsibility as your best friend to make sure you do exciting things even when don't want to." (Sookie)
- "It’s times like these that you realize what is *truly* important in your life." (Miss Patty)
- "I am attracted to pie, but I do not feel the need to date pie." (Lorelai)
- "You know what I just realized? Oy is the funniest word in the entire world." (Lorelai)
- “You have to sleep, it’s what keeps you pretty.” (Lorelai)
- “I live in two worlds, one is a world of books.” (Rory)
- “And if eating cake is wrong, I don’t want to be right.” (Lorelai)
- "The Long Island Ice Tea makes you do things you normally wouldn’t do." (Lorelai)
- "We're almost there & nowhere near it. All that matters is that we're going!" (Lorelai)
- "Life's short. Talk fast." (Lorelai)
- "Reality has no place in our world!" (Lorelai)
- "Coffee, please, and a shot of cynicism." (Lorelai)
- "You've got to be patient and wait for what you want to appear, then pounce." (Michel)
- "People can live a hundred years without really living for a minute." (Logan)
- "I want to live my life so I can read an in-depth biography about myself in later years." (Paris)
Live more. Laugh more. Eat more. Talk more. Gilmore.
Are you as excited for the Gilmore Girls revival as we are? Comment below!