Simple Things You Can Do To Reduce Plastic Waste | Natural Wood Watches
Reuse. Reduce. Recycle
Here at Treehut, we carry our love for nature in everything we do, from watch designs to brand culture, our connection with the outdoors means a great deal to our company and brand. This year Treehut hopes to continue to inspire all adventure seekers and wanderlust souls to do their part in taking care of the planet much how it has taken care of us. We must protect and nurture Earth so it can continue to flourish and give us a home.
One major problem that continues to affect our planet in more ways than one is the rapid growth of plastic waste. According to a National Geographic journal called Science Advances, of the 8.3 billion metric tons of waste, 6.3 billion metric tons has become plastic waste, and of that, only 9 percent have been recycled. The vast majority of 79 percent is accumulating in landfills is living in the natural environment as litter.
Here is a list of simple things you can do to help the planet:
- Take your own to-go box with you. It can be a hassle to carry around but try taking your own reusable container. Although it may be plastic one container will reduce the number of to-go boxes you use every year.
- For all you coffee shop lovers, carry your own mug or thermal when getting coffee on the go. Even though a lot of coffee cups say recyclable, they have a thin wax coating that prevents the cup from getting soggy.
- REUSABLE BAGS, today most stores are selling reusable bags in hopes to reduce waste. Carrying your own bags will save you money and will help the planet one cute tote bag at a time!
- REUSABLE STRAWS, yes this is a thing and it’s been a thing. You can purchase really cool reusable straws online. They even come with cases and in all kinds of different colors and shapes. Who knew personal style could be expressed through a straw.
- RECYCLE, RECYCLE, RECYCLE! It’s the simplest thing you can do to help out the environment. Try having two waste bins in your home, one for trash and one for recycling, that way you won't have to worry about separating your trash on trash day and adding on extra work.
One small change in your routine can make a huge impact on our home, planet earth. Do your part!