Celebrate Girl Power | Best Wood and Marble Watches for Women
Celebrate the Power of Women
Did You Miss National Girlfriends Day? On August 1st, we celebrated National Girlfriends Day. Now, we’ll admit… this holiday might not be as well known, but it holds a special place in our hearts. After all, Girlfriends Day is about appreciating the wonderful women in our lives—our sisters, our daughters, and our closest friends. And that’s something we get excited about every day of the year! So how about it… would you like to celebrate some Girl Power with us?
This week we have a list of 8 fun facts, all about women who’ve stepped up, stepped out, and stepped all over the patriarchy. Let’s hear it for the girls!
8 Powerful Facts About Powerful Women
- The two highest IQ scores in recorded history belong to women.
- Women earn more than 60% of all college degrees in the United States.
- In Greek mythology, the first god to be born after Chaos (the first element to exist) was a woman named Gaia, or Mother Earth. Gaia, without assistance from a male god, then birthed Uranus, (the sky) the mountains, and Pontus (the sea).
- Wonder Woman (2017) was the first superhero film starring a female lead to be directed by a woman.
- Mary Anderson invented the windshield wiper in 1903. In addition, women over the years have patented non-reflective glass, disposable diapers, white out, and industrial lathes, among many other innovations..
- Mary, Queen of Scots went into public a few days after her husband’s murder to play golf. She is the first recorded woman to golf in Scotland.
- Because of the high production of estrogen during puberty, girls’ brains generally mature two years earlier than boys’.
- Virne Mitchell, the first professional female baseball player, struck out both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.
What Powerful Woman Deserves a Shoutout Today?
Know any ladies in your life that could use a “You got this!” reminder? (How about pretty much all of us?) The right gift always sends encouragement where it’s needed most—and luckily at Treehut, we’ve always got the right gift.